Friday 24 October 2014

My Award Speech

In years gone by, I've been fortunate enough to have had my efforts rewarded and recognised as winner of the odd award here and there.
Could be funny when people Google "Best actor 2014".
Despite the inference of my heavily doctored image, the awards of which I speak were not of such ceremony that any speech was required. Whilst that is almost always a good thing, it occurred to me that when spoken from the heart, the speech is possibly as important as the award itself.
There aren't any formal awards for me anymore.  I'm way over all that.  But I am very conscious of how blessed I am with all that I have and the people in my life that have made it possible.
I think; Sure, it's important to have some talent and work hard. But that's not all it takes to do well & be happy. So many of the blessings and challenges that carry me through are because the people who have supported me in all ways, both directly and unwittingly.
So without further ado, and for no other reason other than I'd really like to say so; here is my thank-you speech:

Thank-you...

...to my Mum & Dad. Being a parent myself now, I have a reasonable idea of what you would have went through raising me, and how much you love me.
...to my brothers and sisters, immediate and extended. I'm ever enriched by your friendship, humour, love and support.
...to the Mother of my boys.  Ange', even through our ups & downs, it's obvious still what a wonderful person you are. Since the day we met, my life has been so much better because of so many things you put into it.
...to my daughter Cam'.  So wonderful I can barely grasp it. Love you.
...to my boys, Wyatt & Flynn. You're EPI----------C!!! Love you.
...to my friends. For the pure enjoyment of your friendship and being able to share a bit of life with you.
...to my clients, many of whom I can unpresumptiously also call friends. Without your faith in me, and your continued support, I wouldn't have my business or freedoms I enjoy from it that are so important to me and my boys.
And lastly but not leastly,
...to God.  Not just for repeatedly sparing my butt from a higher-than-average incidence of my own dumb sh*t over the years, but for a life of love and opportunity that has always had pretty good head-start.

So what was the Award? Dunno really. Doesn't matter!  :)))

Back to limedezign.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment